Smell training with essential oils
When an olfactory disorder is diagnosed, recent studies have shown that smell training can help in the process of recovery. On the advice of the ENT doctor, smell training can be part of the treatment plan. Smell training is based on the research of Professor Thomas Hummel from the University of Dresden. This training consists of intensive smelling of 4 different smells twice a day. You can carry out this training with 4 essential oils. This smell training set can be used to train the sense of smell.
Available smell training sets
The daily smell training aims to restore the disturbed smell as well as possible. The set is available in 2 versions:
- Training set 1: Rose, Lime, Eucalyptus and Clove
- Training set 2: Mint, Jasmine, Thyme and Mandarin
Two different sets of odors have been developed to provide more variation in the odor training. This is more pleasant for the user. If you order both sets in a combination package the price is slightly cheaper than when you order the individual sets.
- After opening, the set has a shelf life of three months. If you want to have a training set with a longer shelf life we advice to use the Sniffin’ Sticks instead.
- One vial contains 1.5 ml of oil.
- The sets will be delivered including an English manual.
- We have the sets available from stock. After ordering, we will send it to you within 24 hours.
- Additional info: an (odorless) diluent has been added to the oil in the bottle Rose and Jasmine, namely isopropyl palmitate. This is because Roes and Jasmine would unduly make the smell training set unnecessarily expensive. However, this diluent will solidify / crystallize if it gets too cold (e.g. if you keep the bottle in the refrigerator. As soon as the oil returns to room temperature, it becomes liquid again. All this has no effect on the smell quality.
- On this page you can find more background information about smell training.